Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it’s just about 3 years I have the bike and I think the POOGS finally crept up. This past Friday I took a short ride into Jersey to go get some fishing goods with a gift card my wife and daughter got me for my recent bday. The ride is only 10 miles but all highway. The ride there was fine, I parked the bike in the lot, it was about 96 degrees and I left it there for about a half hour while I was in the store. When I left, I got back on rt 55 and merged into traffic I got about a mile down the road and was up to 60-70mph and realized all of a sudden the only thing I heard was the wind noise. It just cut out so I coasted to the shoulder. Remembering the threads I’ve read I popped open the gas tank and hung out a few minutes. I got it started back up and got going. Of course because I wanted to get back quick good ole Murphy’s law showed up and I hit traffic on the way back. The bike felt like if I let it go all the way down to idle it would die again. Having no where to pull over I just kept revving it until I got home. I immediately went to a gas station and filled it back up and it’s been behaving ever since. So does this have the signature of the classic POOGS? I was reading another thread and it said it’s a good idea to check the tank vent so is that the hole between the two screws on the base of the tank cap? I was going to give it a shot of carb cleaner but wanted to be sure. Any other preventative tips welcome

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As soon as it died on me I shifted down in to neutral and the oil light was on because it was stalled. Everything looked normal warning light wise. I waited a few minutes because that’s what I read in another thread. Couldn’t tell you if it would’ve started quicker because I didn’t try immediately. I was more concerned with where I was stopping at first. There’s a thin shoulder on that ramp and your choices are being eaten alive by ticks or be flattened by semis lol,

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m going to try and see if there’s any clogs in the vent. I usually don’t let the tank get too low, this particular time I planned to fill up when I got back because I wanted to beat the weekend shore traffic and possible T-storms, I’d like to avoid dealing with this if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate the details, thankfully the bike has been behaving but this sounds like a good test to run if I experience a repeat issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts