Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Vent is under the cap and also at the rear of the tank.

Sounds like poogs except for the few minute wait. If it was poogs it should start after you open the cap. The wait time leaves the door open for it to be an ignition failure. However, you did say it's been fine since. Poogs may show up when the fuel level drops down again.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
As soon as it died on me I shifted down in to neutral and the oil light was on because it was stalled. Everything looked normal warning light wise. I waited a few minutes because that’s what I read in another thread. Couldn’t tell you if it would’ve started quicker because I didn’t try immediately. I was more concerned with where I was stopping at first. There’s a thin shoulder on that ramp and your choices are being eaten alive by ticks or be flattened by semis lol,
Definitely a good idea to be out of the way.

POOGS should reset itself as soon as you open the cap. Granted, it will take some crank time to get fuel back to the carbs again.

If it was POOGS, you'll probably see it again when the fuel level gets to about the same level. The weight of the fuel will no longer overcome the vacuum built up by the clogged vent.

At least you know the switch didn't lose power.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
While you're checking, make sure the vac hose on the petcock is staying dry. Don't think I've ever had POOGS, but I've had a couple unexplained stalls and bogs. Closest I've found and had to fix has been the leaky petcock diaphragm.

We need an acronym for that, kind of a pain to keep typing all about the diaphragm. How about WTFHTMO syndrome, or DWMG. Mmm, too obscure.

WTF Happened To My Oil
Dude Where's My Gas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts