Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if I have a problem here and, if so, how serious. This pictures were taken right after a 600 mile weekend trip. I added about 1/4 qt. of oil when I reached my destination after I checked the oil and noticed it was around the middle of the sight glass. I thought it had just burned some off during the highway riding; I was going 80 mph or better most of the way. I think the oil on the bevel gear case could be blowback from the clutch cable.

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
You don't seem to have a leak. You were probably riding in hot weather and at a fast pace. This may cause your bike to use a little oil. Make sure to keep it full. If you run it low it may cause your stator to fail. MO

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
You don't seem to have a leak. You were probably riding in hot weather and at a fast pace. This may cause your bike to use a little oil. Make sure to keep it full. If you run it low it may cause your stator to fail. MO
What he said X2:smiley_th
wipe the dirt and oil off your engine and see how long it takes to get dirty again.I have found with a minor oil weep if you don't disturb it,Things usually don't get worse,it may not be worth the hassle.Use some kind of spray cleaner like brake kleen or even starting fluid to make sure to get rid of whatever residue is on the engine and collecting road grit.
How long since your last oil change ? you may have not gotten quite full or it may be that it used that amount over time.

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
That is not much of a leak at all. I have to park over a drip pan. I need to re-seal my stator cover after the mod, because I cut the new wire exit a little too big for the grommet and it is leaking. It was dripping before, but my threshold has been crossed now- more than one drip on the ground after sitting.

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Glad it's not a big deal. I'll probably just clean it with a degreaser and toothbrush and ride on!

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
mine seeps from that spot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts