Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read a lot of the negative comments about the dealerships on this board, but I've been going to the guys at Champion Motorsports (Centereach, NY) for the last month or two and they've talked me through every single problem I've had for free. I brought my bike in today after buying a new set of Metzler 880's and they're removing the old/installing the new for $120 total. They're also lubing the spline (with Suzuki brand Moly) and syncing the carbs for free. And they're doing it all in a single day.

I've brought my bike to a lot of bike mechanics and they all tried to rip me off. These guys are honest, upfront, and truly have a passion for motorsports. I highly recommend them to any in the tri-state area and/or Long Islanders.

Also like to add that they saved me $60 dollars by taking the time to look at aftermarket replacement parts for my carbs instead of buying OEM. Bikebandits wanted $65 per air cut off valve and the dealership charged $65 total. Haven't had a problem since.

·
2,530 Posts
My local dealer (Pat & Son) is a mom & pop type garage, never had a problem with them and they always treated me right.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not much of a problem with the dealer I would go to, if I went to one. Problem is no one really stocks parts for these bikes. So they have to order it and it takes a few days. Well, I can order most of the oem stuff online, and cheaper.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I've read a lot of the negative comments about the dealerships on this board, but I've been going to the guys at Champion Motorsports (Centereach, NY) for the last month or two and they've talked me through every single problem I've had for free. I brought my bike in today after buying a new set of Metzler 880's and they're removing the old/installing the new for $120 total. They're also lubing the spline (with Suzuki brand Moly) and syncing the carbs for free. And they're doing it all in a single day.

I've brought my bike to a lot of bike mechanics and they all tried to rip me off. These guys are honest, upfront, and truly have a passion for motorsports. I highly recommend them to any in the tri-state area and/or Long Islanders.

Also like to add that they saved me $60 dollars by taking the time to look at aftermarket replacement parts for my carbs instead of buying OEM. Bikebandits wanted $65 per air cut off valve and the dealership charged $65 total. Haven't had a problem since.
Be sure that they are lubing the shaft splines and not the splines that aline the wheel to the drive unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts