Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to do a ride this coming weekend from Portland, OR South on Rt.213 to Rt 214 to Rt 22 East and Rt 224 North back to Portland, OR. this weekend. Total travel time about 6 hours, multiple stops including lunch at Lake Detroit. Any takers?

Change of plans. The Portland Road Runners are headed up to Cougar Lake region this weekend. However, I still want to do this run before the end of the season (Rt 224 closes in the winter). Rt 224 between Estacada and Detroit Lake is a great run.

9/5/2010 - Finally did this run yesterday! One of my favorites because it is very technical, humbling and beautiful. It consists of 70 miles worth of twisties, including many decreasing radius turns, Clackmas River and Mt. Hood National Forest scenery and not much else; no homes buildings or even gas. Lunch at the Corner Post in Detroit, OR and same route back home. One of the must-do motorcycle rides if you are ever in the area.

View attachment 3088 - entry to Rt224, just south of Estacada
View attachment 3089 - one of several old bridges across the Clackamas River

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lolo Pass from Zig Zag to Hood River, or the McKenzie Highway from Blue River to Sisters are two of my favorites. I worked on the Mt. hood NF for 17 years so the Estacada to Detroit feels almost like a commute, a beautiful commute.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
You are responding to a thread from 2010.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts