Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen many people do port and polish jobs on the cylinder heads of larger v8 engines with huge power gains, i was wondering if it was possible to do on my 86 vn750 and how much power i would gain. Has anyone ever done this before?

·
Super Moderator
12,094 Posts
I've this to two stroke engines. Not sure you'd get "huge" power gains on the Vulcan however. Unless you also go with a less restrictive intake, a different exhaust, and a change in jetting, it be a waste of time. The increase would be more do to those three than polishing anything.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,363 Posts
Ive seen many people do port and polish jobs on the cylinder heads of larger v8 engines with huge power gains, i was wondering if it was possible to do on my 86 vn750 and how much power i would gain. Has anyone ever done this before?
could also make it flow less by making it less turbulent

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Without opening up the carbs and getting rid of those horrible exhaust manifolds... it's not much use. Of course, a good multi-angle valve job and some bowl work can't hurt.

The engine has a lot of potential, but it would take a LOT of custom parts to really make it a screamer. Plus, the front exhaust runs right into the frame... hence the need for that inefficient manifold up front. Works fine for a cruiser, but would need dealt with if you wanted to make major power.

These bikes are built as cruisers, and are best left mostly stock... outside of a few minor upgrades.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts