Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
that is the middle drive cover cap. mine fell off years ago, the rubber seal dries out. a new one wasn't very much, maybe $15 if i remember right. don't buy the "special tool", when you get the seal, take it to home depot and buy a rigid electrical conduit coupling, i believe it was 1 1/2", it fits perfectly and costs $3 or so. take the seal with you and you will see how it should fit. tap it gently in using the rigid coupling and a plastic dead blow hammer or something similair. make sure it goes in STRAIGHT and not CROOKED. if it comes out that easy i imagine your seal is dry, the new cap has a seal built on. there should not be much pressure at all on the oil in your crank case, but ANY pressure will make it fall out if the seal is dry. a new cap should fix your problem.

Reactions: Alatri

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not seeing any sort of o-ring or seal on the inserted portion of the cap???
nor any sort of groove that would secure any o-ring or seal in one place.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or are you talking about past the nut that is located under the cap that pops off, it has little dashed grooves facing me, played around with it for a minute with an o-ring inser/remover tool but am not sure if the nut has to come out first so I left it alone till I got someone to answer,
You would remember where you found the part #?
Can't find it in the Kawasaki part diagrams, well, can't find that little area of the bike anywhere in the diagrams.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeap! thats the cap that pops off after a few seconds of attempting to crank the bike over,
i am not seeing any signs of an old o-ring to replace???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would that o-ring be placed on the inserted part of the cap?
when looking at the cap, i don't notice any sort of groove for an o-ring to sit in?
not understanding where the o-ring would go to provide a seal to prevent the oil from dripping and the cap to stay on,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks slimvulcanrider,
looked around in my tool box for a 65mm,
had one, but was way too thick, will have to pick a few up at work and then try them out when i get back in 10 days from work,
Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts