Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know from past posts. I degoated with a 'H' bypass kit. Also installed coasters and the bike ran like clock. As of this past Saturday the bike has developped a popping/ backfire on closed throttle decelleration, some from the right but mostly from the left, didn't have that prior to this past Saturday. I checked the obvious and all seems ok. Took bike to the dealer, they sync and ajusted the carbs but they didn't roadtest it, the problem was still there after I roadtested it. They charged me $69.00 and didn't address my concern. They said that they will contact Kawasaki for advise. Does anyone here know what I should be looking for?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a big change in the weather. As I said, the dealer the dealer synchronized and adjusted the carbs, that didn't help.

whistle clean said:
Sarge...has the weather changed much lately possibly causing some difference in fuel adjustment?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey Sarge, I adjusted my A/F screws and plugged a exhaust leak 2 weeks ago and got rid of some of the popping but mine is back too. Quite the dilema.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Anyone suspect that possibly the gas we are buying isn't quite the quality we've had in the past? I ask this question as my 1500 and my friends 1000 have both dropped mpg's dramatically for no apparent reason. new spark plugs...clean air filter...and all other things as usual...but the mileage has really gone down.

Another thing to consider is try some SeaFoam in the gas and see if it can do some internal cleaning. Just a thought.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Try the marble trick to block the air injection system. Over time they stop working the way they are supposed to and let air into the exhaust ports at the wrong time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts