Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.pop pop pop pop when slowing down and a few pops here and there when just idle

2. just today the bike is having issue starting and the popping seem more so then reg

i plugged the reeds a long time ago
and my gas cap was making sounds so i took it apart still having issues
she was dieing randomly every ones in wheal when i was riding always felt like i ran out of gas or she was not getting enfu

any one have any ideas on how to fix her :(

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
i plugged the reeds a long time ago
and my gas cap was making sounds so i took it apart still having issues
she was dieing randomly every ones in wheal when i was riding always felt like i ran out of gas or she was not getting enfuf

any one have any ideas on how to fix her
Not that the cap is the cause of pops, but that's where i would continue ...first keep it running.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knifemaker SeaFoam treatment just put some in the gas tank or .. i have never done it a different way

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
my bike had all sorts of epa junk, that I got rid of, it eliminated the 'pops'. Any remaining pops I got rid of by giving it more fuel with the A/F screw.

Did this just start to happen?

Might be time for a good carb cleanout.

kenny

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
A/F screw is the idle screw right ? i am sitting at 1100 do i want to go higher ?
I dont know the carbs on that bike, but on mine the idle screw is seperate then the A/F screw.

Did it always pop or just start?

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
There is a screw on each carb. It's usually 2-2.5 turns out from 0 that we suggest.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I think you may have a clogged vent....it could still be in the gas cap OR the vent line exiting the bottom of the tank. check to make sure you get airflow through the nipple under the gas cap all the way through to the hose off the tank that should hang under the bike near the battery box.

Second issue is a possible leak in the carb boots or the choke mechanism.

once you eliminated (or fixed) those, then you can start to mess with the screws and other things.

Do one thing at a time and observe what happens before trying something new.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Same problem i had!

Believe it or not, I cleaned the ignition switch puck under the key (That fixed the all of a sudden dying at the worst possible times problem. Like dead sticking a landing.) Cleaning all of the ground (grinding them clean with dremel) straps from battery and ignition coils. Now I have no shutting off nor ANY backfires. I did the marbling and ear shave. Air mix is now at 2 1/4 turns out.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
If the pop just started today I would do some other things first. 1. Drain both carb bowls, maybe there is water in there?

2. Check air filter and all hoses

I would clean the carb before changing the settings on it.

kenny

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you may have a clogged vent....it could still be in the gas cap OR the vent line exiting the bottom of the tank. check to make sure you get airflow through the nipple under the gas cap all the way through to the hose off the tank that should hang under the bike near the battery box.

Second issue is a possible leak in the carb boots or the choke mechanism.

once you eliminated (or fixed) those, then you can start to mess with the screws and other things.

Do one thing at a time and observe what happens before trying something new.
vent line exiting the bottom of the tank. i have no line out the bottom just place were you could have one i have never had one :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If the pop just started today I would do some other things first. 1. Drain both carb bowls, maybe there is water in there?

2. Check air filter and all hoses

I would clean the carb before changing the settings on it.

kenny
sorry for being a noob how to i drain the bowls ?
and what is the best way to clean the crab must i take it off the bike ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts