Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past week or so I've been getting my bike ready to ride.. I fixed the charging system with some help from vn750.com. today I fixed the ACCT
again thanks to vn750.com..

A few days ago the bike was running great. I stopped to fill up and I wasn't thinking.. I ended up putting Mid grade gas into her,, Now I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But, That night when I got home I turned off the bike and opened the garage door. When I went to restart the bike I had a backfire..

Today, Same thing. Started her up and bang! (with a semi hard start) Then after I did the MCCT mod it started right up.. When I was out on the test ride she stalled.. Again, a hard start and BANG! then start. can Mid grade gas do this or am I over looking something?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put new plugs in today.. Started up without any back fire.. so far so good

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bro, the battery is to new to replace but to old to return.. So I have to make do with it for now. But I am keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a gel cell.. I installed the regular NKG plugs,, Had 8 left from a 10 pack. (after thought) I got to find out yet where my brother picked up the battery so I can have them test it. If it show bad or border line I'll try to upgrade under the warranty

·
Banned
448 Posts
If you have a Batteries Plus nearby, they have Gel batteries for a reasonable price.
I picked up one for $56.00 with a full 1 year replacement warranty.
It has worked great for mine so far. I also installed a set of Irridium plugs, and they work a LOT better than the NGK's I had in there. I would have to crank and crank on mine to get it to fire with the NGK's, put in the Irridiums, and it won't even turn over 3 times before it fires. I picked up the Irridiums for $5.99 each at O'Reillys.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have a Batteries Plus nearby, they have Gel batteries for a reasonable price.
I picked up one for $56.00 with a full 1 year replacement warranty.
It has worked great for mine so far. I also installed a set of Irridium plugs, and they work a LOT better than the NGK's I had in there. I would have to crank and crank on mine to get it to fire with the NGK's, put in the Irridiums, and it won't even turn over 3 times before it fires. I picked up the Irridiums for $5.99 each at O'Reillys.
`
$56 sounds good.. I think I have a B+ around here. I'll look into it next week,, Thanks!

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I have the Batteries Plus AGM gel cell....the one with the 2 year warranty......cost like 89.00. It is the X2 Xtreame battery(it's a relabeled DEKA) The DEKA battery that Lance328 would always recommend to everyone. I recommend this highly! Last week when I had cracked carb float issues and didn't yet know that was the problem, I was cranking the hell out of that battery(I use the cheap Harbor Freight battery tender)......and that battery honestly blew my mind on how I never ran it down!!! My starter surely wanted to punch me in the face that day!!! My year old Sears/Yuasa Diehard AGM would never take that kind of cranking at one time.....even when it was new.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I have the Batteries Plus AGM gel cell....the one with the 2 year warranty......cost like 89.00. It is the X2 Xtreame battery(it's a relabeled DEKA) The DEKA battery that Lance328 would always recommend to everyone. I recommend this highly! Last week when I had cracked carb float issues and didn't yet know that was the problem, I was cranking the hell out of that battery(I use the cheap Harbor Freight battery tender)......and that battery honestly blew my mind on how I never ran it down!!! My starter surely wanted to punch me in the face that day!!! My year old Sears/Yuasa Diehard AGM would never take that kind of cranking at one time.....even when it was new.
I bought a battery from batteries plus for $89 at the beginning of the season, with a 2 year warranty. Is that the gel one? I just asked for a battery for a VN750 since it was before I found this forum. I still have the box, how can I tell?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts