Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When closing the trottle to decrease speed (f.i. crossing lights) I found too little engine braking effect. Only after some seconds delay the engine braking comes up a little. I drove other bikes (Honda) and they were superieur.
Also with standing bike and giving some throttle the engine speed increases very good from idle up. However it takes some seconds to reach idle speed again. Any idea?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Sounds like your throttle return line is broken or the spring has become weak. It shouldn't take any time at all for the bike to return to idle speed once the throttle is released or closed.
If you rotate the throttle to the closed position manually do you get the same results? If so there may be other carb problems.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
try lubing all throttle lines and parts.... i.e. the throttle cables, the moving parts at the carbs and so on.... also look at the choke too, it may be half open. make sure its closed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already checked the throttle line. Release throttle with direct closing of both throttle valves till stop ends. Checked both choke valves positions, ok.
Carbs are synchronized. Acceleration and idling is ok.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Something is causing the carbs to stay loaded with fuel longer than normal. Another area to check would be the vacuum valve diaphrams in the carbs. If they are stiff, or pinholed, they will stay open longer than normal and not allow the engine to slow down. If the throttle mechanism is free, it's not the butterfly valves as they are connected to the throttle linkage.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
What about the coasters? Don't they enrich the fuel when coasting? It does sound like too far advanced (not possible) or too much vacuum somewhere, like in SkyRider's post above ^

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Vacuum leak usually implies too little vacuum, which is the opposite of what Peter is experiencing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts