Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mississippi Rider
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is very hard to crank unless it has been ran for a while. Once it has been cranked and ran for five minutes it will fire right up all day long. but that first time is very difficult and often will almost drain the battery before it cranks. my plugs look good and they are firing...plug wires look good but neither are new. starter isnt draggin or anything.

any tips on what I can do?

Does the timing slip on this bikes very often?

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
Do you have iridium plugs and an AGM battery? Both do wonders for hot and cold starting problems.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sounds like the Battery has a weak cell or if it's not a AGM it could be low fluid level. Top it off and give it a charge it it's not an AGM and see what happens. If it's still hard to crank it might be time for a new battery.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Try jumping it with a car battery. Either remove it from the car or make sure the car is off....

If it starts right away with the car battery, then it's safe to assume that all it needs is more juice.

The AGM battery and Iridium spark plugs do make a huge difference!

·
Mississippi Rider
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It already has a new battery that i bought back in Dec. and it holds a strong charge, but I havent replaced the plugs in a while. So where can I get these Iridium plugs?

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
Several auto parts places sell or can order them: O'Rileys, Autozone, etc.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
You want NGK brand plugs, part number DPR7EIX-9.

Is your new battery a maintenance free-AGM, or does it have 6 caps on it to add distilled water?
If it does have the caps, make sure to keep the electrolyte level topped up with distilled water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts