Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I know that I have read some place on here before about some pod filters that are more water resistant than others without paying the K&N prices and after searching and searching I still cant find the posts which gives a location to purchase them or a part number. See I have done an ear shave and went with the UNI pods and have already had to replace them twice do to the wet weather we have here in the NW. UNI's are great for dryer climates but SUCK for places like those that I live in. Once they get wet they swell and are ruined forever. Any help would be appreciated.

Peace:beerchug:

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
I have those filters on my KZ. No rain issues after I made a cover over the top and sides with some aluminum flashing. I'm putting the airbox back on any way.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The set I have I bought from here http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/chopper.htm a little more than half way down the page.Never had a problem with them,Rode in the rain and washed all the time. 2yrs and still like new.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Bman, those look like emgo pods I think that's what you suggested to me aways back. Wkrizan, I found mine at a local shop. They seem to work great. I only had one issue one day when it was a rediculose down pour to be riding in, which coincidently was a couple of days after I installed them. I had a hard time keeping the bike going at lower rpms. But then again, I couldn't see from the terenchal down pour. I've rode in regular rain several times since with no issues from these filters.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The set I have I bought from here http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/chopper.htm a little more than half way down the page.Never had a problem with them,Rode in the rain and washed all the time. 2yrs and still like new.
As kanuck stated, are those the EMGO filters? If so aren't they foam lined as well or am I mistaken? Thats the issue I am having with the UNI's, being the filter itself is made of foam/paper. Either way those aren't a bad price.

Peace :beerchug:

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I've actually cleaned mine once. I have a couple of K&N clean & oil kits from my other vehicles. I figured, what the hell. Seems to have worked out for me. I'm not sure what they are made of... but they cleaned up good & took the new oil well.

·
Registered
722 Posts
As kanuck stated, are those the EMGO filters? If so aren't they foam lined as well or am I mistaken? Thats the issue I am having with the UNI's, being the filter itself is made of foam/paper. Either way those aren't a bad price.

Mine are not foamed lined,they may be emgo filters I can't remember the package.But they have worked great so far in the rain.I believe the are a fabric material between the mesh.

·
Registered
722 Posts
buy the way when I said washed I ment the bike gets washed and hosed off all the time.and I've never had them swell.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buy the way when I said washed I ment the bike gets washed and hosed off all the time.and I've never had them swell.
Interesting.... When I was riding home from work the other night the rain was VERY heavy that I couldn't go above 50mph due to visibility (I couldn't see the lines of the road) and my bike was severely sputtering at 4000rpm till I hit about 4300 then she picked back up. When I got home I pulled off both pods and literally shook out the water in them. Ruined for sure (or so I thought). Yesterday I took out the wife's hair dryer and blew hot air in them for a bit till they looked pretty dry. Reinstalled them and the bike ran fine. Perhaps these might still work and as Kanuck stated coincidentally it happened on the first heavy rain that I ran them on and made me think that I made a mistake with these type of filters. We shall see.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts