Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was lookin at the listed pod filters for the earshave. The K&N and the UNI
And I was looking to see if I could find a better deal. I came across EMGO pod filters and was curious if anyone had tried them or knows if there are problems. You can see why I am asking below.

Z1enterprises
Emgo 54mm Pod filter EM12-55754 = $7.84each :wow:
http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=221

Auto Zone (may have to special order)
2 x K&N RC-2340 = $71.82 (not including local tax)
-or-
AJ USA (www.ajusa.com) 1-800-877-1911
2 x K&N RC-2340 = $58.70 (includes "FREE" shipping!!)
-or-
UNI PK-92 $37 2 in a kit

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Those are the ones I have, no problems with them.

Jon

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had to shim the rear of the tank with a few washers to make sure they cleared.

other than that they work good.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I am using these as well. As JamieB said, you'll need to shim the rear of the tank about 3/8 to 1/2 inch to clear the tank on the left side.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's what I have on mine too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds awesome.. we need to update the earshave document with these emgo pod filters then.

Just trying to be thrifty.. ok cheap lol:motorcycl

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I use the UNI foam filter socks. Work great, no shims for tank needed $8.95 each. Work in rain too.
DT

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what do you mean UNI foam filter socks Did you get the pk-92 or something different and add filter socks.

thanks

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yes you do oil the foam lightly. Use the spray oil designed for foam filters or use lightweight oil. My filters are 7 years old and still look and work great. BTW when I purchased them they were only $5.95 each.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K got mine on.. yep need add a spacer to allow for the pods to fit. but looks good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the cheapos are great and i use them, but beware they are flimsy, can be bent, twisted easily, and i had the glue holding the bottom together fail on me once causing them to fall apart, but for the price they are fine

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh by the way, my no name brand filters required I raise up the rear of the tank like 1 1/4"! Im thinking of getting some of them filter socks. Also I didnt jet my bike yet, (i have universal straight pipes too, no goat) and it runs ok. Im sure bigger jets will up the power though

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
And lower the mileage but if you are running pipes and foam filters, you really need to jet. I use foam filters with a drilled goat and glass packs and plugs look good w/no backfire.

DT

·
Ratbiker
53 Posts
Thinking about getting a couple of the Emgo pods. I currently use the Uni foam pods with the chrome caps but I like the look of the Emgo/K&Ns and I love the price of the Emgos. :D

Do you oil the Emgos and how often do you clean them?

Edit: Just received my Emgos from Z1 Enterprises. $8 each plus $6 shipping.

http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=221

1 - 18 of 18 Posts