Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Plugging the Rupture Tank

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  cegodsey 
#1 ·
Okay, I'm currently in the process of removing the EPA stuff, including the reed valves, air hoses, and valve under the gas tank/seat. I need to plug the hole that comes from the rupture tank to the valve, which looks like about a 1-1/2 hole. Any recommendations?

#2 ·
I had a rubber cap laying around from another job. It was from the "HELP!" section at the auto supply store. Could be a vacuum cap or plug. In any event, it fit right into the remaining hose under the seat.

Jon

#3 ·
I used the 1/2" I.D. copper waterline caps on my reed valve housings and inverted one and stuck it up the end of the hose and just left the hose attached to the tank.

#4 ·
Woody said:
I used the 1/2" I.D. copper waterline caps on my reed valve housings and inverted one and stuck it up the end of the hose and just left the hose attached to the tank.
I used the copper caps too.

What line going to what tank ?

#5 ·
The one in the middle.Left it attached at the tank end so I would need to get a different fitting since I had extra caps laying around.

#6 ·
Woody said:
The one in the middle.Left it attached at the tank end so I would need to get a different fitting since I had extra caps laying around.
You mean the valve under the seat by the tank ?

#8 ·
rnewell said:
You mean the valve under the seat by the tank ?
Yes there is 3 hoses, I pulled off the 2 small ones with the valve and plugged the 3rd(the one in the middle)

#9 ·
I removed the valve and everything. Boo EPA. Hooray beer!

#11 ·
cegodsey said:
Hooray Beer! What ever happened to them?
They were placed on the ground, or maybe in a small drawer that's sort of exposed to the weather. You know, perfect place for emissions parts.

#12 ·
El_Taco said:
They were placed on the ground, or maybe in a small drawer that's sort of exposed to the weather. You know, perfect place for emissions parts.
Hooray Beer? They were based in Jamaica, I think. I know they were on the ground, but I don't think they'd fit in a drawer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.