Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm currently in the process of removing the EPA stuff, including the reed valves, air hoses, and valve under the gas tank/seat. I need to plug the hole that comes from the rupture tank to the valve, which looks like about a 1-1/2 hole. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I had a rubber cap laying around from another job. It was from the "HELP!" section at the auto supply store. Could be a vacuum cap or plug. In any event, it fit right into the remaining hose under the seat.

Jon

·
Registered
553 Posts
I used the 1/2" I.D. copper waterline caps on my reed valve housings and inverted one and stuck it up the end of the hose and just left the hose attached to the tank.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Woody said:
I used the 1/2" I.D. copper waterline caps on my reed valve housings and inverted one and stuck it up the end of the hose and just left the hose attached to the tank.
I used the copper caps too.

What line going to what tank ?

·
Registered
553 Posts
The one in the middle.Left it attached at the tank end so I would need to get a different fitting since I had extra caps laying around.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Woody said:
The one in the middle.Left it attached at the tank end so I would need to get a different fitting since I had extra caps laying around.
You mean the valve under the seat by the tank ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to my next door neighboor who just happened to have a rubber cap that was about the right size. Put that in, and applied liberal amounts of RTV silicon sealant.

·
Registered
553 Posts
rnewell said:
You mean the valve under the seat by the tank ?
Yes there is 3 hoses, I pulled off the 2 small ones with the valve and plugged the 3rd(the one in the middle)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I removed the valve and everything. Boo EPA. Hooray beer!

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Hooray Beer! What ever happened to them?

·
Registered
65 Posts
cegodsey said:
Hooray Beer! What ever happened to them?
They were placed on the ground, or maybe in a small drawer that's sort of exposed to the weather. You know, perfect place for emissions parts.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
El_Taco said:
They were placed on the ground, or maybe in a small drawer that's sort of exposed to the weather. You know, perfect place for emissions parts.
Hooray Beer? They were based in Jamaica, I think. I know they were on the ground, but I don't think they'd fit in a drawer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts