Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having warm start issues in my bike. As in the bike doesn't seem to want to start after I've ridden it and stopped for a minute. A friend believes it is likely the ignition system.

I have a '92 vn750 and am going to replace the plug wires and ignition coil.
The problem is, I can only find USED ignition coils on eBay (why would I trade one 20-year-old coil for another?) and looks like its rather hard to find the caps for plug wires too...

Does anyone know where to find the parts I'm needing (other than the dealer, if possible)? Also, if perhaps you have another idea about what's wrong, I'd love to hear it. Battery is 3 months old and I just replaced my regulator for a brand new one 2 weeks ago.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I'm having warm start issues in my bike. As in the bike doesn't seem to want to start after I've ridden it and stopped for a minute. A friend believes it is likely the ignition system.

I have a '92 vn750 and am going to replace the plug wires and ignition coil.
The problem is, I can only find USED ignition coils on eBay (why would I trade one 20-year-old coil for another?) and looks like its rather hard to find the caps for plug wires too...

Does anyone know where to find the parts I'm needing (other than the dealer, if possible)? Also, if perhaps you have another idea about what's wrong, I'd love to hear it. Battery is 3 months old and I just replaced my regulator for a brand new one 2 weeks ago.
Probly nothing wrong with your coils....
Perform the "Ignition Coil Mod" ....and the "Pick-up Coil Mod" is known to solve "Hot" starting issues.
The verses contain the details for these mods.
Also read Thread "Plug Wires..." - post #11
hope this helps

:smiley_th

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WilliamTech!
Are those mods stickies?
I did read the Plug Wire thread and it looked like everyone was reusing their caps... just in case I needed to replace mine I wanted to know where to go.

On a side note: is there no "ignition module" for my bike year and size? I see nothing offered, but like a 1500 nomad has a "module"...

I'll check out that mod you suggested, sounds like I'm not the only person having hot start issues!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts