Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
You can cut it yourself if you have a saber saw with a hacksaw blade or one with 20-26 teeth per inch. Use painters tape on both sides to cover the screen wide enough the saw base won't scratch it. Draw your line on the tape and cut SLOW... if you try and go fast it can crack.
After you cut it, leave the tape on and sand the edge with 220 grit then 360 to polish the edge and remove any saw blade marks.
You can then remove the tape, any tape adhesive will come off with Goo-Gone.
(Don't use Goo Gone Xtreme, it will react with the plastic, use the regular yellow GooGone.)

Ideally there's no real problem looking through the screen. But you want to measure your cut so if you have to look over it (like rain or thick fog) you can.... by just sitting up and stretching a bit. I road looking through my PF3 and other than misty rain, never had a problem.
Never wipe your screen side to side, always top to bottom. Plexus is great cleaner for plastic windshields.

·
NewB to Vulcans
220 Posts
Or you could do this. Got the idea from the Vetter website.

I wanted the screen high to keep the wind off me completely but a couple places on my commute there are severe temperature inversions in the morning, screen goes white with condensation instantly.

Slot also gives nice breeze for those warm sunny Florida afternoons going home.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Or you could do this. Got the idea from the Vetter website.

I wanted the screen high to keep the wind off me completely but a couple places on my commute there are severe temperature inversions in the morning, screen goes white with condensation instantly.

Slot also gives nice breeze for those warm sunny Florida afternoons going home.
What kind of windshield is that? Looks great; I could use something like that

21 - 24 of 24 Posts