Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got this re-adjusted and seated to where it doesn't hit/interfere with anything. But, I tell ya, I hate looking through it. I measured off 2" and drew a thin line and still found it too tall. Measured off 3" and it was close to what I could live with.

Mind you I'm 5' 8" tall and I can't stand looking through any shield. As it is in the original, I only felt air coming through top vent of my full face helmet, it was hot. I'll try to keep the cut to where the air hits/flows over the the bridge of my nose. But, I'll be god damned if I don't want to lop off 4" of this shield.

My brother-in-law is coming over with a rotary cutting machine/tool next week.

Wish me well, I'll need it. Ha ha...

This is gonna be one short Plexifairing 3

Later...

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I'm only 5'9" and a bit of a sloucher, yet cutting down the shield just 1.5" did the job for me. I encourage you to experiment with lowering the shield, using the adjustable brackets, before cutting off the full 4"! I'm with you ~ I don't like looking through the shield, especially since the optics in the top center of the PF3 are not clear. On the other hand, when I ride in the winter, I'll put up with it a little distortion to stay warmer behind the plexiglass!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts