Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for a better shield for the bike and found a pf3 that is new but has some factory defects like a few scratches and the hardware pack has been opened but they only wanted 65 bucks i was thinking ok whats the shipping gonna run to texas coming from pembroke nh
it said 97 bucks usps or 83 ups
so i sent a question to the seller about why the shipping was so high
they replied back that the package was 34 in by 33 in by 11 in and 16 lbs i replied back that i am not hanging a 16lbs shield of the front of my bike

anyone with a pf3 care to guess at the actual weight of the shield?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
i was looking for a better shield for the bike and found a pf3 that is new but has some factory defects like a few scratches and the hardware pack has been opened but they only wanted 65 bucks i was thinking ok whats the shipping gonna run to texas coming from pembroke nh
it said 97 bucks usps or 83 ups
so i sent a question to the seller about why the shipping was so high
they replied back that the package was 34 in by 33 in by 11 in and 16 lbs i replied back that i am not hanging a 16lbs shield of the front of my bike

anyone with a pf3 care to guess at the actual weight of the shield?
16 lbs. ? ? ?
...must be molded lead crystal glass ! :doh:

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
said 97 bucks usps or 83 ups
...maybe that is total cost of shield with shipping.

...just sayin'
WilliamTech

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...maybe that is total cost of shield with shipping.

...just sayin'
WilliamTech
nope its 65 plus 97 shipping i can get a new non marred one for just a little more

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have one in good shape I can sell you new rider.. I was looking to get 90 bucks for it.. Let me see what shipping will cost for you.. and maybe I can make you a deal.. Gotta be patient with me on time though.. New Baby.. still recovering from my accident, and I am now back to work is all keeping me pretty busy..

PM me if interested.

Thanks Man

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the seller has not got back to me on my last message so i reported his item to ebay under the excessive shipping category

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
The shipping on the windscreens can be expensive. A member had asked about mine I have for sale and it turned out to be some where around $85 to ship. UPS calculated it like it was a 50LB item even though total weight is around 10LBS. USPS was more expensive, close to $100 I believe. The high cost to ship it comes from the odd size box it has to be shipped in. Additionally, the cost of shipping from an individual will be higher versus a business. I doubt anyone will buy my shield mainly due to shipping cost and finding a box it will fit in.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its an ebay store you figure they would get some sort of click and ship deal

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just ran a package using 15lbs and a size of 28 x 8 x 35 in. thru the UPS shipping site and ground was $22.24 to ship it 150 miles, but a 28 x 10 x 35 in. 15 lbs going from South Alabama to the West Coast is $78.35. So I would think that the shipping charge isn't really what it cost but based upon the max that they think it would cost plus some handling figured in. In both cased UPS figured in cost based upon weights of 40 lbs for the first and 60 lbs for the second for the packages.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
Yeah the trick is to use the smallest box you can. I just shippped out a Corbin seat. First box cost was $32.00...

Took it home and cut down another box so the seat just fit in there and the cost came down to $19.00.

Wrap up the screen with "small" bubble wrap and find a box that it just barely fits in....this is usually the hardest part to do...

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats why i cut the box down that i had to fit the shield i sent 1stvulcan

the main thing i was wondering about the pf3 was how did they get the weight up to 16lbs i mean did they use bricks for packing material

·
Registered
339 Posts
thats why i cut the box down that i had to fit the shield i sent 1stvulcan

the main thing i was wondering about the pf3 was how did they get the weight up to 16lbs i mean did they use bricks for packing material
Its called "dimensional weight." When you got a box that is huge and/or oddly shaped, the weight the shipping company report back to you is way more than actual. Its just the way the industry works. This has nothing to do with what your seller is charging you; what he pays and what he charges can be two different things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts