Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to make a long story short, at 5ooo RPM my bike looses all power its like my bike starts to stall. What it ran like a champ before I started to do a mod. the mod st plugging up the reed valve. What I did was where the hoses go from the cylinder and where the vacuum hose goes I bypasses it I but a bolt in each hose and I but one in the vacuum line as well. then for the air line hose the one from the air box I but a breather filter on it. it started up fine ran good tell I hit 5000 RPM the it fell on its face. So needles to say I rehooked it all back up but now it still is doing the same thing. Please help, this is my only source of transportation.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
Sounds like you blocked up too many hoses there Wicked. To bypass the reedvalve , ALL YOU SHOULD DO is block the hose going into the top of the cylnder head. If you blocked the the hose going to the airbox, you have cut off the vent to the float bowls and now they won't fill properly with gas...causing the bike to stall out at higher speeds.

Go and put everything back the way it was, take a ride to make sure it works, and if you really wish to eliminate the reed valves for some reason, Just block the big hose going to them with a marble or something....
(that's why it's called "marbling")
KM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts