Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
wildman
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having to replace my shifter shaft or rod not sure what u call it..its the one that connects to the shifter itself ,someone had welded shifter to other one and damaged seal causing an oil leak....now my mechanic has it and was going to replace seal,shaft and shifter. now he says he may have to pull motor completely and split case.thinkin bout cuttin shaft behind seal and welding piece on. IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHANGE THIS WITHOUT SPLITTING CASE??????

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Some one here did it, but it is very difficult. You might take a file or demmell tool and clean up the end of the shaft.
Welding another end on it is not a bad idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There's a great description on here of someone replacing a paul spring or clamp without cracking the case, but I didn't see any on replacing the shifter(tie-rod) shaft. Mine's in pieces right now waiting for gaskets after getting the $35.00 shaft.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
There's a great description on here of someone replacing a paul spring or clamp without cracking the case, but I didn't see any on replacing the shifter(tie-rod) shaft. Mine's in pieces right now waiting for gaskets after getting the $35.00 shaft.
Here is a link to bigpakapump`s description of changing the tie rod w/o splitting the cases. :smiley_th
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19276

1 - 6 of 6 Posts