Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what the problem is I was riding home in the rain my bike sad in a bad storm for about 45 min I rode it home with no problems and then the next morning my 92 vulcan 750 has problems getting power it idles normal but when I give it gas to go it just bogged down a tiny bit and has not alot of power its quieter now when I try to go and shift gears the engine isnt as loud sounding when I go fast I look at my hoses and vents it's all right I dont know what it could be I just changed my spark plugs now it sounds better but I dont know what it could be I have a 92 vulcan 750 please help

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Something got wet that is causing the problem, but there are so many possibilities. If you have pod type air filters on it water will go right through those and into the engine. But there are a lot of places where water could cause problems, especially electrical. I'd give it a few days to dry out and see if it doesn't return to normal. One thing I would check is the oil. If water got into the oil, it will look white. If it does, change it immediately.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,363 Posts
Something got wet that is causing the problem, but there are so many possibilities. If you have pod type air filters on it water will go right through those and into the engine. But there are a lot of places where water could cause problems, especially electrical. I'd give it a few days to dry out and see if it doesn't return to normal. One thing I would check is the oil. If water got into the oil, it will look white. If it does, change it immediately.
I've ridden pod filters on a Vulcan for many years in all-sorts of weather from torrential downpours to snow and never had an issue

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spockster

·
Member? ... check.
560 Posts
Carefully check to see if both exhaust pipes are heating up when you start the engine. It could be running on a single jug.

·
Member? ... check.
560 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I've ridden pod filters on a Vulcan for many years in all-sorts of weather from torrential downpours to snow and never had an issue

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk
Never said you didn't, but many have had problems with water getting through pod filters. I've seen a lot of posts on a lot of different forums about it. There is a reason why manufacturers put the air filters inside water resistant air boxes and housings. There is a really long thread on a Sportster forum I belong to about problems using open filters in the rain.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,363 Posts
Never said you didn't, but many have had problems with water getting through pod filters. I've seen a lot of posts on a lot of different forums about it. There is a reason why manufacturers put the air filters inside water resistant air boxes and housings. There is a really long thread on a Sportster forum I belong to about problems using open filters in the rain.
But those other bikes weren't vulcans, were they? I'm not the only one who has ridden a Vulcan in the rain with pod filters( I personally know of five). That's not his problem. Just because you don't like pod filters doesn't mean that they don't work

Sent from my flaming poop chute

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,363 Posts
Check your spark. You could have a spark plug wire grounding out. Try running it in the dark and see if you can see sparks off of the spark plug wires.

Sent from URANUS using METHANE GAS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts