Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i traded into a 93 vulcan 750 it been sitting for two years at first it cranked just wouldnt idel so i pulled the carbs and cleaned them to do that i took out the wiring harness and air box after getting everything hooked back up i tried crankin it but all its doing is backfiring out the carbs and i dont know what i did wrong please any help

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
I'm not an expert mechanic by any stretch so this may be a dumb question...

Did you connect the sparkplug wires to the correct spark plugs? I worked on an in-line four engine a long time ago and accidentally plugged the wires into the wrong plugs (in the wrong order). When I tried to start that bike it sounded like the 4th of July.

-Sloppy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
considerin its a v twin and has a duel lead coil one on front for number one cylinder and one in the back for number two cylinder i got that hooked up right i know but yall askin did make me go double check lol

im kinda thinkin electrical or maybe vacumm on the carbs?

But hell im not sure this has me stump

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Did you clean the fuel tank?? It sounds like you may have water in the fuel. You can drain the carbs and check for water. There is a drain screw on the bottom of the carb bowl.

·
Registered
900 Posts
also check the battery... when mine went to crap it would do everything but start.. to include back fires and alot of other stangness!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts