Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put harley pipes on my bike and took the goats belly off. The centerstand now hits one of the mufflers instead of the bottom of the goats belly. I put a piece of high temp silicone rubber hose with a zip tie around the centerstand where it rests on the bottom of the muffler. It works perfect but it has reduced my ground clearance and today it bottomed on a speed bump.

Can anyone please tell me the procedure for removing the centerstand ? I searched the forum and could only find posts saying it was a bitch to get the spring back on to re-install it but no thread on removing it. I just don't want to take it off wrong and I don't see how it comes off. Thanks for any help :smile2:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
remove bolts,take off

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Oh man, that center stand is the one thing I miss most about my Vulcan. If I could put one on my sporty I would! So freaking handy to have.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

open stand and put coins between spring to releave tension,take off safty pin,loosen bolts and push out axle inside c/stand
Thank you very much, My safety pin was gone or I could have easily seen how to take it off. Coins in the spring to release tension, great Idea.

And as far as it being useful, I totally agree, but it or my harley pipe setup must go and it lost the coin toss :smile2: Plus, I have a bike jack I use when I work on it. Thanks all for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts