Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so its been about two weeks since I had an opportunity to ride. So I hopped on yesterday and found out that she won't turn over. She cranks, but no turnover. She misfires. I don't know what to do. I have a 1993 VN 750. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
X2 on the battery, the VN is really fussy about low voltage on starts. The AGM is far better than old school wet cell.

One carb tends to dry up while sitting that long, so at first it's trying to start on one cylinder.

Try the "bump" method: Hit start, count to 4, pause, count to 4, repeat. This allows the vacuum petcock to open and fuel to fill the bowls.

Have the choke on and the throttle closed. Opening the throttle just makes mine backfire.

When all else fails, sometimes a shot of starting fluid is what it takes for a dry start. For this, choke off and open the throttle about 1/4 to 1/2. If it has the stock air filter setup, it may be best to spray while cranking, to pull the spray into the intake better. Beware of backfire.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the replies. It was indeed the battery. I charged it a little and she fired right up! Took her for a quick ride and all is fine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts