Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, When installing the carbs,I broke the black plastic gas inlet fitting and now must remove it. It is pressed in very tightly. My question is----"What is the best way to remove it without damaging the carburetor????" Thanks, Lew

·
Registered
112 Posts
Greetings, When installing the carbs,I broke the black plastic gas inlet fitting and now must remove it. It is pressed in very tightly. My question is----"What is the best way to remove it without damaging the carburetor????" Thanks, Lew
Looking at the parts catalog, it looks like it's part of 16020...like they don't come off to be replaced. You might have to come up with some ingenuity Maybe the hole can be drilled/tapped for a brass fitting? I hope i'm wrong about it being one big piece.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
the plastic nipple can be replaced, and if I recall, there is one for a harley thats brass that presses in properly, and readily avail and because its used on a ga-billion harleys should be cheap

·
Registered
112 Posts
the plastic nipple can be replaced, and if I recall, there is one for a harley thats brass that presses in properly, and readily avail and because its used on a ga-billion harleys should be cheap
any chance you have a part number? and how hard is it to press in?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts