Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The site prompted me to post and since you folks have answered every question I have had then I decided to tell everyone what I plan to do this spring when the weather gets warm enough for my wife to agree to ride.

I am in the process of getting my bike "long Ride" ready. I am adding floorboards(knifemaker style, The driver's I got from Woody through this site), engine guard and highway pegs, passenger backrest and luggage rack.

I am going to throw a camera in the saddlebags and travel the Natchez Trace. For those of you that don't know, the Natchez Trace is a strip of federal park that stretches from Natchez MS to Nashville TN. It is loaded with scenic stops, nature trails, points of interest, etc. The best part about the trip is that the maxium legal speed is 50 MPH and no commercial vehicles are allowed, ie. (18 wheelers to blow you all over the road).

This trip probably sounds boring to those riders that like to send up sparks from their footpegs, but to my wife and I it sounds perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
The site prompted me to post and since you folks have answered every question I have had then I decided to tell everyone what I plan to do this spring when the weather gets warm enough for my wife to agree to ride.

I am in the process of getting my bike "long Ride" ready. I am adding floorboards(knifemaker style, The driver's I got from Woody through this site), engine guard and highway pegs, passenger backrest and luggage rack.

I am going to throw a camera in the saddlebags and travel the Natchez Trace. For those of you that don't know, the Natchez Trace is a strip of federal park that stretches from Natchez MS to Nashville TN. It is loaded with scenic stops, nature trails, points of interest, etc. The best part about the trip is that the maxium legal speed is 50 MPH and no commercial vehicles are allowed, ie. (18 wheelers to blow you all over the road).

This trip probably sounds boring to those riders that like to send up sparks from their footpegs, but to my wife and I it sounds perfect.
Sounds great to me, I'm jealous. Please post pics when you can. Not that far from me, perhaps a consideration for a future trip.

Jon

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any time Jon. Just let me know. In a few years I will be really retired instead of part retired and should be able to ride more.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
if ur bringing a digi cam make sure you bring enough memory and some rechargeables....

not all of use like sparks, sometimes its just good to coast.

i also suggest your wife gets a few rides in before the big one.... that way you have a chance to change out the seat if she gets too uncomfortable....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts