Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...need some guidence and tips and the biggest brop is the wheel, i want like original just but bigger and fatter, who will make that wheel???

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
You can use oversized tires, but as far as replacing the wheel itself I don't think you'll find one.

Tire sizes are in my signature.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
A fender mod will also be needed....there us plenty up and down...its the left to right.....and yes...a rear wheel swap HAS been done.....not worth the effort IMO....

What you'd need to do, is get a rear wheel with the full final drive in the size ya want....then meld one driveshaft into the existing....but it CAN be done, and has been by Vinny in Greece....

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Did some work on 17 inch rim and fited a 190 tire on stock swing arm and final drive
I totally forgot about your build. What's the thread for it? He may find it useful!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Very honestly, and tryin to save yer bike....first, "fat" rears are "out"....the more retro skinnys are in....IMO, the front tire should be beafier, the the rear about same width.....check all the chop forums and mags....fat is out, and I bet with a fatty, yer burn yer clutch out real soon.....just tryin to save ya bucks and headaches.....

Nobodys runnin super fat OCC type junk no more....none of the really top builders anyway....dont forget too, the VN is like a 45cu in Harley (more HP), but not and 80 cu in....you can dress it, you can bob it...but....too big a rear will kill yer clutch since ya cant change ratios....

Hay Vinnn !!....glad to see yer still in the shadows !!!....:beerchug: I questioned some of yer stuff at first, but then realized, that yer pretty cool....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell no im not building no occ style, just to please my own eye, just littleabit wider, in both ends. 120 - 130 In front and rear 190 - 200. not more. My old ride was supercharged honda cb350twin, there was 240 rear and it was very horrible to handle.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
If ya wanna go wider o the front....a VN1500 front end can be modded easily....

Sadly, due to the driveshaft.....you can only go so wide....but if tou have a Tractor Supply close....they sell sweet trailer fenders that would work fine....

Also...Im presently investigating a mod that would hook up a higher gear final and allow a 16" rear wheel.....gimme a few weeks.....Im doin a custom paint thing now for a customer.....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
"fat" rears are "out"....the more retro skinnys are in...
I am kinda proud of my fat rear,thank you ,oh, you were talking bikes ;)

Fine example of taking statements out of context, don't you agree ? I haven't seen anyone here do that, I thought I would try it.

To the members here, if that offends you ...good, you probably needed it.

Now back on topic . I believe I would check into a 1500 or1600 rear swing arm with the drive unit installed. The front part of the driveshaft is different but you could use the front of the 750 on the u joint instead of the one off the bigger bike and BTW the Mean Streak had a 17 inch wheel from the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts