Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried searching the forum, but I seem not able to find a thread that can show me a good placement for the voltmeter from Kuryakyn.

Therefore, I am asking for anyone that has pics of where they placed it. I have the small chrome one. The way that Kuryakyn made it with the double sided tape on the back is good however the way they make it the two wires coming out of it doesn't really give you the ability to make it flush.

Please please help with pics so I can get ideas to install it.

Thank you in advance for ALL your help.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Take of the handlebar clamp... mark the spot to drill a hole to run the wires through the clamp. put clamp back on making sure not to pinch the wires, then secure the Meter.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I figured as much, but I was just searching to see what this "kuryakyn voltmeter" looked like and I saw that holder, so I thought I'd just link it anyway just in case.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured as much, but I was just searching to see what this "kuryakyn voltmeter" looked like and I saw that holder, so I thought I'd just link it anyway just in case.
I truly appreciate it. I am hoping to see some good pics of others that have had installed.

Thanks again.:smiley_th

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
I do not have the Kury volt meter, I do have a digital mounted on my headlight bucket with two sided stickey pad. Have had no prob with it, is still stuck just as tight as the day I stuck it on. The wires go into the headlight bucket thru the back so was no drilling ect involved. Pics can be seen in my albums. I added a simple on-off switch as I felt no need to look at it all the time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not have the Kury volt meter, I do have a digital mounted on my headlight bucket with two sided stickey pad. Have had no prob with it, is still stuck just as tight as the day I stuck it on. The wires go into the headlight bucket thru the back so was no drilling ect involved. Pics can be seen in my albums. I added a simple on-off switch as I felt no need to look at it all the time.
Thank you Steve. I will check your pics:))

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I DO have the Kury volt meter, double-sided tape mounted... I love it !
...looking now at this custom holder,,,,

WilliamTech

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I DO have the Kury volt meter, double-sided tape mounted... I love it !
...looking now at this custom holder,,,,

WilliamTech
Good morning William,

Do you have pics of where you have it installed?

Where did you place it? I am trying to get this installed but unsure of the placement.

Thank you in advance with any help.

·
Registered
936 Posts
What meter is that Romeo? Where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I have the Kury meter and I stuck it on the handlebar clamp with the double stick tape. Looks great and it's completely visible. Brought the wires underneath without drilling. I think I have pictures on my member page but if not I send you a picture.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Sorry do not have that picture on my page but if you email me I will send you a picture of my dashboard and you can see the Kury meter. I still don't know how to post a good picture here.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Eusjma, mine I found at Wallyworld for I think was $16, bat acs dept, think Everstart makes it, has cig plug on it. I cut that off on wired it inside head light bucket. It reads super fast but settles down once bike is under a load. I really like it, and also coated the seamed case with clear fingernail polish for added protection. Where it is located I have had no prob with it getting wet.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Good morning William,

Do you have pics of where you have it installed?

Where did you place it? I am trying to get this installed but unsure of the placement.

Thank you in advance with any help.
No pics...
I double-sided sticky taped it on top of "Kawasaki" of the handlebar clamp (four bolt clamp).

Also, PM sent
enjoy
WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry do not have that picture on my page but if you email me I will send you a picture of my dashboard and you can see the Kury meter. I still don't know how to post a good picture here.
Thank you for sending the pic. I placed it on the same spot and it looks great.

Thanks again to everyone who had a suggestion.:beerchug:

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I used a piece of aluminum and drilled a hole throught it, mounted it to the back of the dash.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts