Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered that I need new tires on my bike and have had the pirelli mt66 tires recommended to me they cost quite a bit less than the metzlers and bridgestones so I thought I would check and see if anyone here has had experience running these - by the way I got 17000 miles out of my bridgestones - I would put them back on if I had the cash. But since i'm broke............

thanks in advance :0)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've got them. I've had them all of last riding season. No complaints just got to see how long they last!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
for comparison - if you don't mind

what tires did you run before?

do you put a lot of miles on?

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Re tires

I had the Dunlop tires on mine and the front was oversize. The sidewalls were cracked, and I was going to get a set of two for $180.00 on e-bay. My wife put a stop to that and said get the best, safety first. So I ended up with the standard size for my bike and the speedo is now right on. I got the Michelin continental II tires I got $150.00 off of list and they cost me $257.00 for front and rears. They are five star ratings for everything from about 100 people and these are mostly Harley cruiser riders. I tried them out today and it is the difference between a volkswagon and a Cadillac! So it just goes to show you, you get what you pay for, and what you're life is worth it is better to save up. Just saying, she is right. (my old ones I destroyed so no one could put on their bike):carryflag

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had dunlop before and they were pretty worn, so when I put new pirelli's on they felt great. I put 4K on them last summer. No problem but I don't have anything to compare them to. I like them and for this bike with the price just seemed the way to go for me.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Avon definitely makes the best front IMO...had em on all my Harleys...ran Dunlops rear because of the softer compound. Pirellis used to be good....real good...but I dunno how modern ones are...stay away from bridgestones...they last forever, but yer on skates with em...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a set of MT66s on mine. Meh. They are ok. I'm coming from stock tires. I really don't know what kind of mileage to expect from them as I haven't got that many miles on them now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well ..... I replaced my back tire with am MT66 and I love it :)
I also discovered that I needed to replace my air filters so I replaced them with a couple of K&N filters and between that and the new tire I feel like I am riding a hot rod :) needless to say my gas mileage suffered a bit on the last tank full :) it's amazing how much better the bike runs when it can breath :)

·
Holzcman ,new rider
11 Posts
route 66 tires

I just put a set of these tires on my sons's motorcycle..he loves them .I paid 170.00 for them at motorcycle superstore with free shipping . Date codes showed oldest was 13 months old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts