Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if these jets will work. Some one on here posted the part numbers for these jets. But the pilot jet is a bit shorter. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
730 Posts
Unfortunately it does not look like they will. Where did you order your jets from?

·
Registered
132 Posts
you have got the 25 series , should be 22 series, be ok then.

·
Registered
132 Posts
the full number you need is N424-22 #40

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the full number you need is N424-22 #40
Ok so I do need to order another set. In your experience would 42's be to big. 140's on the main. I have a set of those left from vn88. Pods/cruzers/cali emission delete.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have 42 pilot/142 main on pods with stock exhaust. I think it might be a bit too rich, but until I do some cruising at high altitudes (Florida is almost completely at sea level) I see no need to change it. I reckon 42 pilots would likely work for you based on your setup, and Plano doesn't have a high elevation, either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 42 pilot/142 main on pods with stock exhaust. I think it might be a bit too rich, but until I do some cruising at high altitudes (Florida is almost completely at sea level) I see no need to change it. I reckon 42 pilots would likely work for you based on your setup, and Plano doesn't have a high elevation, either.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
132 Posts
I settled for 40/138 for my bike as 42 was too rich but as other members have said "it varies from bike to bike".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine came with factory 132/38. I did get the correct 40's ordered. With all I'm doing to it right now I'm gonna start at 140's. Fingers crossed but I don't think I should have an issue.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I did 140/40 with earshave, degoated with screaming eagle mufflers at 1100 ft. elevation

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: thtanner

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I did 140/40 with earshave, degoated with screaming eagle mufflers at 1100 ft. elevation

That's what I'm running too with aftermarket pipes @ sea level. It did take 3 1/4 turns of the a/f screw to get idle fueling to be correct.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
That's what I'm running too with aftermarket pipes @ sea level. It did take 3 1/4 turns of the a/f screw to get idle fueling to be correct.
2 1/2 turns on mine.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Reactions: slipknotbrevin

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Also 2 shims.

Reactions: slipknotbrevin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would you happen to have another part number for replacement 40 pilots. The thread on these is to small to thread in.

·
Registered
730 Posts
n424-22 Pilot/Slow Jet (Qty 2)

Use pjmotorsports.com

that's who I used and the jets were spot on, perfect fit. the ones you got look to be mislabeled and sold under the wrong part number just by the looks of it. do those new jets even have the Keihin stamp on them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts