Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Vulcanites --

I am about to do the marbling mod. I've read the verses as well as a recent post with photo by Cliffhusn--thanx Cliff! :smiley_th

A few days ago I had the Carbs cleaned by the dealer. I think the tech already turned out the Air/Fuel mixture screws but I'm not sure because he refers to them as pilot fuel screws. Is this the same thing as Air/Fuel mixture screws? If so, do I need to turn these screws out any more?

The bike is running great after the carb rebuild and pops quite a bit less but still pops just a little bit upon deceleration

Thanx in advance!

Here's part of the Tech's write-up:

"Carbs were dirty. Jet chambers filled with debris. Soaked carbs and blew thru all circuits. All passageways and circuits are clean. I had to turn the pilot fuel screws out to 3.75 to get a good C.O. reading. Bike starts easily and runs good when warmed up. This bike will need to warm up for a little bit before it runs it's best. With the stock pilot jets it is just too lean when cold. Carb sync is spot on. I drained the tank and filled it with fresh fuel and stabilizer.":

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
You should not have to adjust the screws after marbling. Pilot screw is the air/fuel screw. :beerchug:

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
do u have to go through emisions there? what do your spark plugs say??? take a smoldering ciggerette to all the exhast joints to see if there are any exhast leaks... seams a quite a bit out i just turned mine all the way in today and i believe they were at one and a quater cant say for sure cuz my screwdriver poped off and lost count.... the carbs are off i just re jetted it for the ear shave.... i then came out 2 3/4

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
do u have to go through emisions there? what do your spark plugs say??? take a smoldering ciggerette to all the exhast joints to see if there are any exhast leaks... seams a quite a bit out i just turned mine all the way in today and i believe they were at one and a quater cant say for sure cuz my screwdriver poped off and lost count.... the carbs are off i just re jetted it for the ear shave.... i then came out 2 3/4
He just did a degoat, w/#38 pilot jet you need to open more. :beerchug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts