Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick up 509N in downtown Tacoma at the 705 interchange and just keep going. Nice road, well paved, variety of driving...some straight flat at 60...much gentle curving at 35-50...some nice switchbacks farther north near hwy 99. (one is a 10 mph hairpin) Lots of nice scenery as you ride near the coast of puget sound. Need a break? Stop at Brown's Point Lighthouse, restaurants, parks, scenic overlooks in abundance. You can even stay on 509 and end up in seattle, if your ambitious. :) I'm not, I turned around and headed west/south as sunset came...was rewarded with pink-orange-red-purple sky. Beautiful. and was home just in time to wish I had a warmer jacket. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds sweet. I will have to try it out the next time I am in Tacoma. Maybe even we could get together and have you show it to me. Have you ever been to the Snoqualmie Valley? Lots of good roads there, if we can hook up, I'd be willing to show you around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havn't been anywhere, really, so I guess I can safely say, "Nope, havn't been to snoqualmie valley." :) Though I'm sad to report I don't have a lot of time for long rides. I commute and sneak in an evening ride or weekend afternoon, now and then for longish (2 hours) rides. We might could get together in October, if you don't mind riding in the cold? :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cold? Heck no. I put 1000 miles on my bike last winter. The only thing that stops me is ice or snow on the road. As long as it is 40 or above and dry, it is good weather for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my bike in December and have been more than anxious to ride. I am heading to Poulsbo today.

Would like to ride with others.

·
Registered
32 Posts
larryinseattle said:
I bought my bike in December and have been more than anxious to ride. I am heading to Poulsbo today.

Would like to ride with others.
Hey Larry, do you ever get up to the skagit county area at all?
well if ya do let me know and we can go for a spin together:motorcycl :carryflag :smiley_th

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would ride up to Skagit county. There are some nice roads up there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Email me at [email protected] to set something up. I am self employed and can take a day off during the week to go as well. Less RV traffic on the back roads during the week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Imnohero said:
Pick up 509N in downtown Tacoma at the 705 interchange and just keep going. Nice road, well paved, variety of driving...some straight flat at 60...much gentle curving at 35-50...some nice switchbacks farther north near hwy 99. (one is a 10 mph hairpin) Lots of nice scenery as you ride near the coast of puget sound. Need a break? Stop at Brown's Point Lighthouse, restaurants, parks, scenic overlooks in abundance. You can even stay on 509 and end up in seattle, if your ambitious. :) I'm not, I turned around and headed west/south as sunset came...was rewarded with pink-orange-red-purple sky. Beautiful. and was home just in time to wish I had a warmer jacket. :)

Just did this route today. AT brownes pointe though I couldn't find out how to get to the lighthouse :mad: Stopped down in the tide flats for a break, then repeated the run heading home, awesome both ways. Its nice since I only live a couple of miles from 509. I think I will do it again later before dark with the girlfriend, maybe use des moines as my starting point

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.