Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=657

I decided to rebuild my manometer and so thought I'd take some "how to" pics for anyone who is interested. Please note two things: I put the oil in the tubing tonight, so it hasn't finished settling out yet; ergo, I won't be able to actually use the thing until at least tomorrow. At that point, I'll take photos about how to seet up the t-connector and what the oil levels look like as you're trying to get the carbs in sync with each other. I'll probably also move my pics of the idle adjust and carb sync screws into this album as I move along.

Let me know if you have any questions or if anything is unclear. I can write better instructions if needed. :smiley_th

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I bilt one of them. All I managed to do was suck the oil out into the intake and out the exhaust. I hope you do better than that.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
do two vacuum gauges of the same type get an accurate enough reading to synch our carbs properly

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I bilt one of them. All I managed to do was suck the oil out into the intake and out the exhaust. I hope you do better than that.
Did you hook up both lines before you started the engine? I made the same one and have had no problems. :beerchug:

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I think my problem was that the oil was too light. I used ATF.
Yes I hooked up at the same time.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
do two vacuum gauges of the same type get an accurate enough reading to synch our carbs properly
You will not get the same accuracy but it will get you close enough. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
i thought by the title of this thread that it was going to be a gauge with steven urkel from family matters on one end and stephan ur'kel on the other!!

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
me and a friend of mine have one each already ,now that's cheap and i don't have to work at it lol
If you have two different gauges calibrate them by checking the vacuum on one cylinder with both gauges and note any variance.:beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts