Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got aroung to making my rear lowering brackets yesterday, and I put on my Kury ISO grips and MF battery today.

For those of you who have made the brackets, How did you deal with the axle nut and pin?

bike1.JPG

bike2.JPG

I had already replaced the turn signals and mirrors, and I repainted all the black plastic bits black, and the radiator grill silver. I drilled the mufflers and degoated too.

What do ya thik soo far?

I still need to paint, but I plan to chop it up next winter.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some close ups.. They're rough but they do the job fine. And it only cost me $10.

Can you see why I was asking about the axle nut? Any sugestions? I'm a little nervous.

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

·
Registered
659 Posts
Do you have chrome trim on your front fender? If so can you post a close up pic? I just repainted mine black (I'm de-tealing mine) and was thinking about it, but I didn't want to risk messing up my new paint trying it out. I put the chrome trim on the tank flange, but I have enough left to do both fenders.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have chrome trim on your front fender? If so can you post a close up pic? I just repainted mine black (I'm de-tealing mine) and was thinking about it, but I didn't want to risk messing up my new paint trying it out. I put the chrome trim on the tank flange, but I have enough left to do both fenders.
Yes, The front and the rear.
You can also see my trunk lid hing mod, and turn signals a little better in these pics.

bike5.jpg

bike6.jpg

bike7.jpg

·
Registered
722 Posts
Did you grind down the shoulder around the axle shaft hole on the swing arm?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, but thats a good idea. I'll be dion that this weekend. Thanks!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I also ditched the thick washer.

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gound down the shoulder but still was about 1/8" short so I shaved it off of the back side of the nut. Thanks for the help BMan.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Now that you said that I remember I did the samething.And glad to help anytime I can.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I gound down the shoulder but still was about 1/8" short so I shaved it off of the back side of the nut. Thanks for the help BMan.
I also took a round file and filed a deeper groove on the groove of the castle nut that the cutter key is going to go through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts