Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey -
The more I read, the less I know...

I went through the Verses this a.m., and Jim has a really nice post there about where the vacuum ports are on each carb, etc. But then we he says, "Get a 1/.4" T link" and starts describing how to hook that up to the petcock, etc., I'm lost. Does anyone have any pics as to how to set this up??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think I have the idea now (just keep reading - eventually it's gotta sink in), but want to make sure, just in case.

Also - where does one get a 1/4" t-link? I'm assuming that, like the PVC tubing, it needs to have a 1/8" ID? Also, does it have a shut-off valve?

So many questions... at least I got most of the air bubbles out of my homemade manometer last night, so as soon as I figure out the t-link thing, I'm good to go!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cindy,

When I did my carb sync, I just applied an external vacuum source to the petcock. Do you have a mityvac vacuum pump? I hooked mine to the petcock vacuum hose I disconnected at the carb, gave the pump a squeeze, and then proceeded with the sync. No "T" connector involved.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TechMech said:
Cindy,

When I did my carb sync, I just applied an external vacuum source to the petcock. Do you have a mityvac vacuum pump? I hooked mine to the petcock vacuum hose I disconnected at the carb, gave the pump a squeeze, and then proceeded with the sync. No "T" connector involved.
I'm afraid I don't...is there some other vacuum source in my home-area (like my shop vac; or the windbag who lives across the street) that might serve the same purpose? I guess I'm not sure where else I'd use a vacuum pump, but I may be overlooking something obvious.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Cindy,
Here are a couple of pics that may help explain a bit. I know you have already accomplished your carb sync but it may help in the future and maybe someone else may have questions as well.
Note that with the alternate vacuum source, you won't need a T fitting. If you opt to use the T, it goes between the carb vacuum nipple, the petcock, and the manometer. BTW, the alternate vacuum source does work! I tested it out today and it works just fine. Be sure to push the plunger back in to release the vacuum before disconnecting it though.

Attachments

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Crobins365 said:
I guess I'm not sure where else I'd use a vacuum pump, but I may be overlooking something obvious.
I don't know if this was intentional, but I nearly busted a rib when I read this. I don't think the married guys got the joke.

·
Registered
699 Posts
that was bad lol............as for a T fitting try walmart in the pet section aquarium supplies

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Now that I look at it, there are two, two, two jokes in one! Depends on your sex, or lack thereof.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cegodsey said:
I don't know if this was intentional, but I nearly busted a rib when I read this. I don't think the married guys got the joke.
I don't get it (so it wasn't intentional)...what'd I say?

Thanks for the pics, too. Very helpful, and the set-up might save me some time next year when I go to do the sync!!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Crobins365 said:
and the set-up might save me some time next year when I go to do the sync!!
Unless ya mess with the carbs again, ya probably shouldn't need to re-sync.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hyperbuzzin said:
Unless ya mess with the carbs again, ya probably shouldn't need to re-sync.
Really? That's cool, I guess, although I feel like I just mastered something (and now won't get to use that skill again unless I break into the carbs). :hitanykey

Anyone want to buy a $2 manometer? :)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Crobins365 said:
Anyone want to buy a $2 manometer?
Da da dadada

Oh man Cindy, now ya got me hearing that song in my head with that word !! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hyperbuzzin said:
Da da dadada

Oh man Cindy, now ya got me hearing that song in my head with that word !! LOL
Sorry, Buddy! My carpooling colleague emailed me mid-last week saying *she* had the song stuck in her head...she doesn't own a motorcycle, so even the source of the ear worm is lost on her. :doh:

Da da... This guy :pepper: kinda reminds me of a muppet...on amphetamines, but a muppet nonetheless.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
From carb sync to muppets !!
We're good at doing stuff like that !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts