Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start of this with a little back story. I ride sometimes with two brother in laws. One of which rides an 01 vulcan 750 (tj)much like his younger brothers (tim) first bike. Tim and i both ride harleys although i do have an 89 vn750 in my basement. Well tim just got full custody of his baby so he had to sell his harley for extra funds. I enjoy riding with these guys so I decided to buy another bike to let tim ride when we all go out. I looked on Craigslist for a week or two and found one on Craigslist that turns out is right down the street from me, literally walking distance. It looked so much like tims original even down to the jardine exhaust I decided to buy it. It is very clean and has 10,000 miles. After buying it i got ahold of tim and asked him for his old registration. Turns out this is his old bike! I live in a small town and 60 or 70 miles from where this bike was last purchased in 2014. Looks like she found her way home. Bike runs well. It did need a battery and tires, which i was able to pull of the 89 as the tires on that were new when I started taking it apart. Best part of this story is the bike looks almost brand new short of a tiny dent i just put in with the mounting bar from the factory windshield. And I paid a whopping 550 for her

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow...clean bike and it is awesome that it is back home...can't beat the price either.
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!!
. Yeah i do love it when a plan comes together. I Didn’t even get yelled at by the wife over this one!!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Awesome

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
550 for a running bike? Can't beat that. Ride the hell out of her for that kinda change.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Then leave it in the for sale section.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
I get nervous when people show up just to sell a bike...

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
That's an incredible story. Thanks for sharing it. And what a price!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Cool story,nice bike,great price,so have fun!!!I'm planning another camping trip to NH this year,perhaps I.can look you up,if that's ok??

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Why because you are shady and assume everyone else is too?:smiley_th
REALLY??? You don't even have a clue...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
We've had members get ripped off before. Better to be cautious..

Reactions: ubertalldude
1 - 15 of 15 Posts