Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need ignition coils

looking for a set of pick up coils. unless they can be fixed. wires broke off the top of one of the coils. the ones that are next to the rotor

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i think they are called the pulsing coil. i don't think they could be soldered due to how small the wire is in the little hole. probably wouldn't hold very well. I'm assuming they are sealed and won't come apart.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i seen those thought i would try here first. i would rather give my money to someone on the forum if possible. if not thats probably my only choice.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
they can be repaired if you know what you are doing.

there is no real current so wire diameter is not a real issue. If routed properly, there should be no stress on the connection so it should hold up OK.
Just insulate the connection so it doesn't short to the case.

Good luck!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they can be repaired if you know what you are doing.

there is no real current so wire diameter is not a real issue. If routed properly, there should be no stress on the connection so it should hold up OK.
Just insulate the connection so it doesn't short to the case.

Good luck!
how would you get them apart?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
looking for a set of pick up coils. unless they can be fixed. wires broke off the top of one of the coils. the ones that are next to the rotor

This is not a first, a few have Soldered/Repaired those broken wires.

hope this helps
:smiley_th

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Yeah, I'd say your screwed for solder. I tried it & it didn't hold. Now, if you don't want to take the stator case off to change them out you can cut & solder the wires. I've done it & it worked out perfectly. Just be sure to match up the correct color codes wires. ;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
luckily the cover is already off since i was replacing dampers and stator. i ordered the only ones i could find on ebay. they are from a 93 mine is a 03 so hopefully they will work.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
still looking for the pulsing coil. got one from ebay but was also broke. but seller is refunding. so if any one has any for sale please let me know. thanks

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
PM sent

1 - 16 of 16 Posts