Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like it as much as some of the other mods here, but it should work OK.

Total cost $15.75

DT

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Look'n good. I was much happier when I went back and added the bullet case. It just finishes it off soooooo nicely. You just have to justify to your self spending 15 bucks for a case.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments;

Got it from Amazon.com. Wish I would have looked more locally before ordering it online. i saw some yesterday that were way cooler looking with white faces, glowing blue lettering with back lighting.

DT

·
Registered
53 Posts
White-faced gauges are cool, but the black face matches your speedo and tach much better than the white face would. Is this one waterproof, so if it gets rained on it won't mess it up, or do you just make sure not to get caught in the rain? Looks great by the way.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Is that a waterproof gauge DT? Impossible to avoid riding the rain when we're over on the left coast (DT is in WA, I'm in OR - ya gotta get your location on your pro DT!) Care to provide a link to the one ya used (if it's still there)?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curtis, I've been a wimp and driving my daughter's car the last few days to work, but drier weather is on the way.

I did a search at Amazon for 'sunpro voltmeter' and it popped up. The single gauge mount in chrome was purchased locally for $3.99

The rear of the gauge will be covered with a plastic cup from the dollar store (8 for a buck) and sealed with black silicone to keep out the weather. I also have a small Maier bug shield that will help keep out the gremlins.

I'll post some final pics this weekend with it in action (I'm praying it reads over 12.5 volts ;-)

DT

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Ya know DT, they do make raingear ;-)

Then again... I have to admit that I avoided running an errand that didn't HAVE to be done today because it started raining again when I got home from school. Didn't wanna take the car either...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do stay fairly dry (bibs and HiViz coat) even in heavy rain (rode in hail last week-that was fun), but I-5 is a death trap in the morning with 18 wheelers and cagers rushing to work. Even my middle school students thought I was nuts some of the days -

DT

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Hehe... I love the "You're crazy" looks.

But yeah, I-5 in the area of a major city would be scary in the rain (though I've done it). The one nice thing about where I live is that its close to Salem (the state capitol - a decent sized town), a bit over an hour from portland (our biggest town), but Albany itself is a pretty small town so traffic on I-5 usually isn't that bad if your going south. On the other hand, if you're going north there's often a backup (stopped or 40 mph traffic) within about 8 miles north on every friday and sunday night....

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Hey DT, I really like the look you came up with! I'm ordering the Sunpro myself. Did you also find the bullet case on Amazon?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, yes amazon had everything.

You may find a better price if you shop around. I just got the latest JC Whitney auto catalog and they had some nice stuff too. The only concern I have is I ride in any weather so I wish now I spent the extra money for a marine (boat) model for all weather use.

DT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts