Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel is coming out of the vacuum fitting on the petcock. As this line is connected to the front carb where is that fuel going to? I'm figuring that this is why my front cylinder plugs are fouled and I have a miss in all gears but can accelerate through the gears no problem.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
You may have a bad seal on the petcock. Take it apart and try and check it out or get a new one and see if the problem stops. Because it is a vacuum line to the carb, it will be sucked into the carb and flood the cylinder, causing a rich mixture.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
You may have a bad seal on the petcock. Take it apart and try and check it out or get a new one and see if the problem stops. Because it is a vacuum line to the carb, it will be sucked into the carb and flood the cylinder, causing a rich mixture.
Yup, what he said.:rockon:

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I figured that already. I just capped off both vacuum fittings, one on the petcock and the one on the carb. The bike runs fine now. I think I'll just leave it that way.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
That does seem to indicate a problem with your petcock. It's a vacum fed system & shouldn't leak fuel without the suction, right? I just rebuilt my petcock. Cost about $27. Unfortunatly I haven't been for a ride yet. To damb cold! lol I had leaking & when I took it apart the diaphram looked like it had been through hell. On the other side of the diaphram is the vacum. Part 43028

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
yea if the vacuum ports are blocked off and the bike is running...then the petcock isn't working right...and is feeding too much fuel into the carbs....start checking the intake boots for fuel and hard start after the bike has been sitting for longer than a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts