Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a new petcock for my 05 750 Vulcan and also had my carbs cleaned, ran well the first night after installing the cleaned carbs and new petcock, but now all the bike will do is backfire. I am also getting fuel out of one side of the petcock as well so it is basically only filling one carb is that normal?

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,044 Posts
I recently bought a new petcock for my 05 750 Vulcan and also had my carbs cleaned, ran well the first night after installing the cleaned carbs and new petcock, but now all the bike will do is backfire. I am also getting fuel out of one side of the petcock as well so it is basically only filling one carb is that normal?
Not normal, maybe the petcock is clogged?

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,044 Posts
possible, what is also weird is i can get fuel out of the one fuel line then pitch that line and get fuel out of the other line. super confusing and frustrating
Sounds like the screen tube inside the tank might be partially clogged. Not enough getting through to feed both lines at the same time.

You would need to remove the petcock from the tank and the screen is attached to the petcock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts