Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,044 Posts
Save it!

Take it apart and soak everything in white vinegar, unclog everything, get a rebuild kit from eBay, and assemble.

I can't see the screen but they were available too last time I looked.

The vinegar might turn the aluminum a little darker than it normally is, but it will eat that crud away.

There was a couple of parts bikes here on the forum also.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Save it!

Take it apart and soak everything in white vinegar, unclog everything, get a rebuild kit from eBay, and assemble.

The vinegar might turn the aluminum a little darker than it normally is, but it will eat that crud away.

They sell the rebuild kit with that small filter looking thing on left side

· Premium Member
1,821 Posts
You can have a filter in line, you just want to make sure the lines are flowing down hill from the tank towards the carbs, if the tube gets bunched up it’ll interfere with the fuel flow.

· Premium Member
159 Posts
Save it!

that peptalk looks like the reserve tube got eaten sitting in the gas and the rusted parts. There’s no way to replace that you have to put a new petcock in if you reuse that and clean it up I don’t know how well your reserve is gonna work cause you’re gonna have no filter on it unless you’re gonna put filters after it I would like to Portman get a new a new petcock

· Premium Member
159 Posts
from the picture it looks like the reserve tube has been eaten away. If you clean up that petcock you’re not gonna have the reserve tube with a filter on it not really does that much but it might leak because the tube looks pretty away. If you decide to do that, I would definitely put in line filters after the petcock. Make sure you keep an above so that you don’t wanna do a fuel problem. If it were me, I would get a used Pet Cock or try and buy a new one.

Save it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts