Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my '86 750 in a shop for a carb cleaning (it sat in a garage for about 25 years before I got it).

When they got that done, they found that the petcock was shot and that it was flooding the cylinders.

Here is the problem: they say that the part is no longer manufactured and are now looking for a rebuild kit.

Any ideas on sources for either of these?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have my '86 750 in a shop for a carb cleaning (it sat in a garage for about 25 years before I got it).

When they got that done, they found that the petcock was shot and that it was flooding the cylinders.

Here is the problem: they say that the part is no longer manufactured and are now looking for a rebuild kit.

Any ideas on sources for either of these?
The petcock won't cause flooding, it only delivers fuel to the carbs. If the cylinders are flooding, you have carb problems. You may need to rebuild the petcock too but that's not the primary problem.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The petcock won't cause flooding, it only delivers fuel to the carbs. If the cylinders are flooding, you have carb problems. You may need to rebuild the petcock too but that's not the primary problem.
Exactly.

Also, you can buy a new replacement from some online motorcycle parts stores, they're just quite expensive. There are also rebuild kits on eBay. However, look into using the TW200 petcock. Some of us have been using it with great success, and it costs even less than the rebuild kit for the VN750 petcock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts