Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My petcock is leaking on my used bike. It seems like it is leaking from every place it possibly could be but I'm going to try to replace the O ring at the top to see if it fixes it anyhow. In the event that I do need to buy a new one is there one anyone recommends? The strange thing is that mine seems to have 2 outputs and a vacuum port but everything online seems to only have one port and a vacuum port, would this just require a fuel hose that split into two lines to reach both carbs? Including pictures for reference.

http://imgur.com/yA9uGYV

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
You can either do a petcock rebuild (kits on ebay for $30), buy another OEM for $60, or put in a TW200 style petcock.

I replaced mine with an OEM unit; I am not fond of the TW200 units as they do not allow as much fuel flow, but many have had success.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had the same problem with my petcock and I finally decided to go the tw200 route except I bought cheap one on Ebay and it leaked worse than the old one. So I went to the Yamaha dealer and they sold me a new one for another bike that was identical to the tw200 for $29.00

It works great and I have no issues with not enough gas flowing thru it. I can get you the model number for it if you will pm me and I will get it for you when I get home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts