Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike has been sputtering and not running right for a week or 2 now. I got tank off and was checking the petcock. Shouldn't it drip when either on the on or res position? I get nothing and it feels like she is starved for gas when running.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
It shouldn't drip in any but "PRI" (which you shouldn't have since your bike's a 2001 - I believe only the first few years had the "PRI" rather than "OFF" setting).

In both on and res nothing should come out without vacuum applied to the vacuum port. Apply a vacuum somehow and see if it drips/ runs freely then.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok got bike running again. Not sure which was the problem, but I replaced one of the fuel lines from the petcock to carb and one from pod filter to front cylinder head. Both were bent and looked like they were pinching. Just got back from a quick test run which gave me a newe question. When I put kicksstand down my rpms jump to 3k, in gear. When in neutral it stays right. Is this normal?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if the clutch isnt pulled in. I am seeing the spike with the clutch pulled in, kick stand down, and bike in gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts