Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Vulcans.

Probably a stupid question but I will ask any way, just bought an OEM petcock do the fuel outlets meant to swivel, my old petcock you could rotate the outputs to get the angle you desired, my new is ever very stiff or fixed and don’t won’t to brake trying to find out.

Thanks for your help.:smile2:

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Those elbows just press in, they can be turned, but too many times might loosen up the fit. Turning them to where you need them should be ok, I've turned mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers spockster, going to fit it tomorrow and seeing as cost a fair bit I didn’t want to brake it.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Cheers spockster, going to fit it tomorrow and seeing as cost a fair bit I didn’t want to brake it.
Just be careful, don't use too much force, could break the elbow. Have seen some with a coating like shellac or clearcoat, kinda glues the elbow in place.

Shouldn't be a problem, I think I had to tap one of mine inward a bit, or maybe I squeezed it with channel-locks. Probably won't need that on a new one.

Both on mine are pointing straight at the engine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fitted my new petcock and it works great, no more fuel starvation at high speeds, should of known better than getting a cheap petcock.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts