Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a 85 Vulcan 700 and petcock issues. It's pulling fuel through the vacuum line and also both screens on the petcock are missing. I think I can found a way to fix the screens, but I need to find a petcock rebuild kit. The problem is, the petcock is the not the original petcock and I'm trying to identify what year the current petcock I have is from, so I can buy the matching rebuild kit. The petcock is a Taiyo Giken with the P52 marked on it. I attached 2 photos of it below.

Or if anyone knows a full new replacement petcock that will fit 85 Kawasaki Vulcan 700, that might just be a better option.

Thanks for the help, you guys are the best!

Attachments

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Do what I did:

Buy a tw200 petcock. Take the stock outlet (where the fuel exits the petcock) out and drill a hole straight through to the other side.

Pull the two elbows off of the old petcock, and jb weld them into the new opening and the old existing opening on the new petcock.

Done.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
No welding necessary. Go to autozone - pick up "jb weld" it is sold in packages with two tubes. You mix them, apply where necessary, and after a few minutes it hardens.

If you have access to a drill press, or have a drill with a correct size drill bit, and are interested in doing this... Pm me, I'll give you my number and we can talk about it.

·
Super Moderator
12,378 Posts
If it matters, you have a "newer" petcock. Older ones, like what your 85 came with had RES/ON/PRI , the last meaning "prime" which circumnavigated the vacuum feature.
After 1993? The petcock read RES/ON/OFF..... No "prime" position any more.

Anyway, the TW200 petcock is the easiest way to go....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.