Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I feel like I want a bigger bike, so looking around and checking out stats and specs, I see many of the 900-1100 class bikes out there have nearly the same specs of horsepower and torque that our Vulcan does. Adding to that, all of these larger bikes have another 200-300 pounds on them. So it would seem to me that these bikes wouldn't give the rider any better performance. Now, many show their top torque at lower rpms than us, so does that mean they pull stronger at low speeds? It seems to get a big jump in horses and torque, you have to get to the 1300 range at least, and so far, I haven't found too many of those that my stubby little legs agree with.
I'm looking for 'holy crap, hang on to the bars' torque. What kind of cruiser gives that but keeps the cruiser/bagger style

·
Registered
245 Posts
What's your price range?

The Triumph Rocket III Roadster typically has more oomph than the average rider can handle.

Video of the Rocket

EDIT: I should mention this isn't really a serious suggestion as the bike is huge. But it does have the 'holy crap, hang on to the bars' torque you're after.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes..sportbikes are out...i took a test drive on a v-max when it was first released and thought it was the most evil machine built. I had never gone like that on a bike before. It may have the torque, but i'm not sure on the comfort

·
Super Moderator
11,810 Posts
yes..sportbikes are out...i took a test drive on a v-max when it was first released and thought it was the most evil machine built. I had never gone like that on a bike before. It may have the torque, but i'm not sure on the comfort
Too bad about the sport bikes... You don't know what your missing;)
(perhaps you need an FJR...)

I met a gal a few weeks back who rode a V-Max. She had a lowered seat, had lowered the bike, and got diffrent bars. Looked pretty comfortable for her, she must have been 60 inches tall.

There was a guy awhile back putting Busa engines in custom choppers. Likely that be the way to go if your looking for arm wrenching accelleration.

·
2,502 Posts
If you're looking for an older crusier, then check out the Honda V65 Magna.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts