Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got her marbled, and all I have to say is "WOW"!!!!

Took her up the highway, 6-7k rpm, let off the throttle completely and zero I mean ZERO backfiring/popping.

Even took her up to 120mph downhill and let off completely with zero backfiring!

I was unable to pry off the caps on the air-fuel screws so I havn't even gotten to touch them but who needs to when she's running great like she is now?

I just have to thank this site and all its members because had I not found this site I wouldn't have had such useful info especially like the whole marbling deal, I didn't even know this had air injection into the exhaust... I also did the POOGS cleaning and had success other than loosing 2 of the springs that are around the gas cover/lever, but she runs great! So no worries!

Thanks, hats off to everyone!

Unclemoney.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Good job. Does make a difference. I found that a 1/2" copper tube end cap ( Home Depot ) works perfect. Just slide it over the metal tube, great fit, and slide the hose back over it. I would do the air/mixture screw. I did mine 2 weeks ago and they were only set at less than 1 turn out from the factory. The engine was running way to lean. I backed them out 2 1/2 turns as suggested and the bike runs great, plugs are now a light tan.
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts